Specialised Law For Small Business
We are passionate about providing you with a wide range of legal services.
Business and Commercial Law
We tailor our services to small and medium enterprises. Whether you are a start up, growing business, established organization or an entrepreneur with big dreams and bigger goals, we are designed to fit your needs.
We offer legal solutions for modern businesses including:
- Supply Agreements;
- Services Agreement;
- Contractor Agreements;
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements;
- Licensing Agreements;
- Distributor Agreements;
- Sale and Purchase of Assets and Businesses;
- Terms and Conditions of Sale of Goods;
- Website Terms and Conditions;
- Brand Protection;
- Shareholder Agreements, Joint Venture and Partnership Agreements;
- Advice and assistance relating to Australian Consumer and Competition Law.
Australia is the most franchised country in the world, and as a result has one of the most regulated franchising industries, with strict disclosure requirements and an overarching obligation to conduct franchise negotiations in good faith and with utmost fairness.
We have experience acting for franchisors, franchisees, global master franchisees and incoming international franchisors.
We offer full fixed price packages for Franchisors or Franchisees, and can also offer fixed price quotes for select reviews, advice or assistance in your franchise business.
Intellectual Property Law, Branding and Trade Marks
With more than 15 years’ experience across all areas of trade mark law and prosecution in Australia and internationally, we offer a full range of IP and branding services and advice to our clients.
For branding and Trade Marks this includes:
- Advise on trade mark selection and availability;
- Clearance and infringement trade mark searches;
- Filing and prosecuting Australian, New Zealand and other international trade mark applications;
- Advise on trade mark infringement and validity of registrations;
- Trade mark oppositions, non-use actions and revocation actions;
- Trade mark watching, monitoring and investigations;
- Trade mark licensing and commercialisation;
- Trade mark portfolio management and due diligence;
- Brand strategy
- Domain name, company and business name advice and registrations.
We also offer legal advice and assistance in lodging application for Registered Designs and advice relating to IP law, including copyright, trade secrets and patents, management, licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights.
At Tara Adams Law we know a lot about commercial, business and IP law. We should – with over 15 years’ experience, both in Australia and abroad, and a Master of Laws under the belt. We provide fit for purpose, high-quality and effective legal advice and services in an efficient manner, at affordable prices.
We tailor our services to small and medium enterprises (but do have the odd multi-million dollar client on our books too – start small grow big!). Whether you are a start-up, growing business, established organisation or an entrepreneur with big dreams and bigger goals, we are designed to fit your needs.
We are commercially savvy, technically sound and, without boiling the peas, cross the ‘i’s and dot the ‘t’s! This is what you need in your lawyer – excellent service and a nice attitude giving you value for money.
For most businesses it really doesn’t matter how much teak or ceiling-to-floor windows are in your lawyers’ office – we prefer to keep our overheads low so that we can focus on your interests and efficiently and cost-effectively meet your needs. We can bill as you desire – whether that be quoted billing caps, fixed legal fees or for larger ongoing roles, retainer work based on regular hourly billing, we will work to find a pricing model that works for you.
We use Dropbox, Microsoft One Drive and Google Apps to share information. We collaborate using tools you know and trust.
Let’s Start a Conversation
585 Little Collins Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000, Australia
0423 064 187